Monday 21 May 2012

Sometimes, Just Sometimes.

I was reminded tonight why I wanted to write this blog. It was because I was afraid, because I was so full of doubt, not just as a writer but as a human being, that I felt compelled to share my insecurities. I'm not ashamed of my faults, numerous as they are, but at times I am ruled by them, as we all are, but misery does like a playmate, so they say and an over burdened chest needs clearing from time to time. Shoulders are only so strong, backs bend and break under the strain, legs give way until we scrape our knees upon the road until they bleed. Yet sometimes It almost seems worthwhile, sometimes a little hope comes creeping in under the rubble and we are transformed. 

Tonight I was transformed, tonight I saw a glimpse of the desired possibility we all hope for. And that's why I write poetry, because it is separate, eternal, unflinching and honest. There are no secrets with poetry. If you want to hide, don't write, if you want to write don't hide.



No comments:

Post a Comment