Wednesday 6 June 2012

It's a long week without writing

When I began writing about writing I hoped it would allow me to focus more intently on my passion for poetry. I wanted to add posts every other day if I could, while adding new poems from time to time, as well as progressing with the various little projects I had set myself on my blog. However best laid plans and other such cliches inevitably render intentions null and void, at least for a while, and that's the situation I have found myself in over this past week.  Full of good intentions, but with no clear direction in which to take them.

I've spent many hours trying to complete the online villanelle, without success.  Tried to sit down, mind blank, in order to write a simple train of thought poem, without success. I've looked over old notes hoping to find a long lost glimpse of something that could be worked on, again without success.

So this is more of an update than a step forward. A place to air my frustrations in the hope I can book end a week of very few ideas and even less progress. I always promised myself I would be honest, even when I was struggling to find inspiration. Lets hope it doesn't last too long.

1 comment:

  1. It's that ugly monster called writers block! :) and I know it well! lol I hope to see some new poetry of yours soon. I'm sure it's just a blip.

    ReplyDelete