Tuesday 29 May 2012

Beat the Beat Poets

Today, I was listening to Allen Ginsberg's "Howl" , considering not so much it's meaning, which is better left for another time, but rather the sounds and rhythms of the words. The way the poem is relentless, uncompromising and dirty, speaks volumes to me. It is the kind of poem that almost feels like it must have been written in one go, without too much alteration.  The kind of poem that I would love to write, a train of thought, singing the songs of a mind in touch with something more than thinking.

So I've decided to give it a go once the first online villanelle is complete, the last three lines of which I hope to have written in the next two days.

Hope you will check back from time to time to see how all the poems are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment