Saturday 23 June 2012

Traditional Haiku

So to finish the set here is a traditional Haiku, at least as far as the English interpretation is concerned. Purely an experiment with the form, perhaps even a cliche, but then the haiku could be classed as a such, like all poetic forms that stick to such stringent rules.  However I love them, not as much as villanelles, but I have always had a preference for the least amount of words making the biggest impact. Hope you like it.

Haiku

Snow melts faster as
spring approaches, unveiling
her patient flowers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lee

    I found your blog through PoetryBlogs. Haven't gone through all of your work yet but very much enjoyed your Haiku poetry. That's something I have never attempted to write but I think I need to try sometime.

    Azka

    ReplyDelete