Tuesday 21 August 2012

Time to start again

I've been distracted by the very things that inspire me to write.  I almost gave up on this blog, decided it was another futile attempt to be a writer, sank deep into doubt and began pondering the very nature of my existence.  I was stuck, drowning in the slowly setting concrete of my unstable mind, more lost than ever, searching for meaning and finding none.  This blog was a way of describing the methods, reasons and motivations behind that uncontrollable need to write, but I think that was too naive. What use is a description of the desk I sit at to write, or the processing power of the keyboard I type away at if I am not absolutely honest about the underlying moods and fears that saturate my thought processes with all those vast and confusing ideas?  The very ideas that become a poem(if I'm lucky).

So it's time for a new start.  Time to explore my fears, not hide away from them.  Time to be a poet again.  To write honestly and freely and not shy away from my flaws.

It's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment